The Japanese Language Proficiency Test
Japanese Language Proficiency Test 2012
The Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) is held once a year to evaluate and certify proficiency in Japanese of non-native speakers. The Test is offered under the joint auspices of the Japan Foundation and Japan Educational Exchanges and Services.
2012 Test Results are now available online!
Candidates who sat for the 2012 JLPT can now check their results online from 30 Janauary to 15 March 2013 (Japan local time). To view your results, please visit: https://www.jlpt-overseas.jp/onlineresults/top.html
Details of the JLPT 2012
Date: Sunday, 2 December 2012
Venue: The University of New South Wales, Kensington campus
Application period: 27 August to 21 September 2012 (Late application will NOT be accepted)
How to apply
Before completing the application form, please do the following first:
(1) Carefully read the Information Sheet, available here (PDF) (400 Kb).
(2) Download and carefully read the JLPT Test Guide, available here (PDF) (5 Mb).
(3) Download and complete the application forms (5 pages), available here (PDF) (1 Mb).
(4) Send the completed application forms (see postal address in Information Sheet).
Before sending out your application forms and other documents, please check that you have done the following:
(1) Downloaded and completed all sections of the application form (5 pages).
(2) Clearly indicated the test level you are sitting for in the test (N1~N5), and the test site as "Sydney". NOTE: All applicants have to put "Sydney" as test site in their application form.
(3) A photo is glued on to the Test Voucher and the Copy (in the application form).
(4) A STAMPED self-addressed envelope is prepared (to be submitted with the application form).
(5) Test fees (money order or personal cheque) is prepared, and made payable to "School of International Studies".
(6) The correct postal address is used for the submission of the application form, test fees, and self-addressed envelope (See Information Sheet for details).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A list of frequently asked questions can be found here (PDF) (137 Kb).
Information for Applicants
Please click here (PDF) (76 Kb) to see a summary of the following important information:
- date and venue of the Sydney exam
- transport information of getting to the test venue
- exam timetable
- what to bring with you for the exam
NOTE: To access the Kensington campus map of UNSW, please click here (PDF) (2 Mb).